29 July 2009

Beyond Speed... (2009.7.30.03:47)

In the old days, I was a 'Biker.'

It's true what everybody thinks about it being a dangerous ride. You meet with death daily... Even so, I completely idolize the things a bike gives you.

In that destructive speed, in the scenery that you can't see, it gets you a little drunk.

I've fallen so many times, had so many accidents. A lot of injuries. How many of my friends have lost their lives... (*silent prayers*)

When you talk about bikes, they take away a lot more than they give. Even so, I don't get off the bike.

I couldn't live without my bike, even the word bike is like the name of some narcotic.

As the Bible of that kind of "Bikers" there's a comic called "Kirin."

The "Biker" identity, whether you really understand it very well, of course has sympathetic things about it, and this manga had a huge influence.

I dropped by the book store on a whim the other day, and discovered this manga.


So, this is a manga by the same author that did "Kirin."

Like a complete providence of nature, I noticed this manga, and headed for the register with it in my hands.

When I read the manga, my own time as a "biker" was resurrected many times over. "Kirin" was a bible, even to me in those days...



Someday... again...



Today, the consideration of things I'd lose are too great for me to be able to ride, but...

Since I quit the "biker" ways, 10 years to the day have already passed. Thanks to that, I'd have to get a gold license from here on out, but still. (^_^)

For the kind of people who are "bikers," (^_^) or for people who otherwise understand "bikers," and you feel a hankering, please read "Kirin."


Even I went back to read a bunch of them after a long time away, so I bought a bunch of them. (^_^)

Well then well then, everyone, take care to drive safe, whether on cars or bikes, and so you don't get in any accidents.


[ a gold license would be a license for senior citizens~ ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Biker as in he was part of a gang and wore leather outfits and stuff? Nah can't be not our You-kun, he could have only been a normal biker.

Rain

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for translating these entries.

I can't picture Mr You riding a Harley. It would be interesting seeing him on a motorcycle.

That senior citizens licease made me laugh.

sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all of your hard work. It's really great to read YOU-kun's journals.
I remember once Gackt said that he and his band members were bikers but after realizing it was too dangerous they quit. Or something like that, not so sure.

Imagining Gackt and GacktJob riding bikes and looking like part of a "rock gang" is really funny.

Anonymous said...

You-kun as a biker... the images don't mix well lol

Thank you for translating as always btw =]

Jo