19 June 2009

YOUkun Ring G interview

First up on "Ring G" is 'You' from "Gackt Job."

★ 'You' profile
Joined Gackt Job as part of Gackt's solo project in 1999 and has been in many tours and on many albums (playing guitar and violin).
Performed alongside Gackt and Hyde in the movie MOON CHILD as JUN.
YOU Official Site


Please introduce yourself.

As a support member since Gackt decided to go solo, I support Gackt under the "Total Coverage in Private Life and at Work" model. (^_^)

After three years, the national tour "Gackt Live Tour 2008-2009 Requiem et RĂ©miniscence ~Rebirth and a Chance Meeting~" is starting. How is your enthusiam and your mental outlook?

It's like this every time, but the recording dragged on without an end, and rushing right into tour rehearsals was harsh. Gackt himself has an obsession with pushing himself right to the very end, so all the support members, starting with yours truly, get pushed until the very end, too. (^_^) It's been three years since a tour, but we get a sense of the feedback at the rehearsals, so the sense of anticipation is bigger than any anxiety. It's been a while since a tour, so I'm ready to put my fighting spirit on!!!

What are you doing besides touring?

It's been a long stretch of touring, so I'd like to do some firm body care. Right now, I'd enjoy a hot spring and some delicious Tochi-Tochi food. (^_^) * Of course with the tour, there's no part of me that doesn't feel the pressure, so my physical condition gets worse than anything else. I have to give my 100% best performance to all the fans who come out to see us, and I can't just say, 'Oh I'm not feeling well, I can't make this a good live' so I always aim to keep my physical condition up so I can always be at my best, physically and mentally.

You like the camera so much you're holding photo contests on your HP, but how did you get into that?

I'm always always liked photography, and when I was a student, I used to go touring on my motorcycle and take lots of pictures. In those days, it was just film. I bought a digital SLR on the recommendation of a friend, and I was hooked.

Later, I thought of it as a part of me, a way of expressing myself outside of music, and the one camera started me on my camera obsession. I think when you say, 'music' sensitivity is everything. But I think, if I want to polish my sensitivity, studying nothing but music is no good. As a musician, I tend to think of music as 'words.' But, if you haven't communicated anything of substance, even if you remember all those 'words,' is there any meaning left? If the substance that is communicated is your own feelings, what you want to communicate, that's what I call sensitivity, and I think I can polish that more outside of music. It's tied in with music's power of expressions, I think. From my first camera, I went to art exhibits and photography galleries, and took every opportunity to go to see other arts, so I think it's good that I started with a camera for this so-called meaning.

Aren't the emotions and perceptions altered on their pass through the lens?

It's just the existance of 'light.' The sun unconcernedly rises and light falls on humans making their living, but we feel like this existance changes. It seems like it's really more about seeing good light, and we say 'I want to take a shot of this because the light hits great here' more than we say, 'I'm going to take a shot of this great scenery!' So, perceptions passing through the lens is fascinating.

So you photograph mostly nature?

A lot of scenery. I like going traveling by nature, so I take a lot of photos of the places we go. If you ask why I like nature, it must be because it's "nothing made by humans!" It's beautiful despite not having been made by man! I get a feeling like, this is the greatness of nature. It's thanks to my camera that I realize things like that! Looking up at the sky casualy, suddenly glancing at flowers blooming by the side of the road, I started looking at the nature all around me.

Eneru's HP is focused on the transmission of Eco news, but what are your thoughts as far as Eco goes? Is there anything you normally take care to do?

I don't normally use cars in my daily travels. I've walked a lot since I got my first camera, and I use trains and bikes a lot to get around. I don't think I'm the best Eco-minded person though. (^_^) Even though I spend a lot more time walking now, the town that I've become familiar with keeps changing, so I'm always discovering new things, and it's always interesting. But as for not driving cars, this is only possible because I live in Tokyo, so I think it's not really possible if you don't live in a place like this. But there are things everyone can do, like using reusable bags and washable chopsticks. If we all take even these little steps unflaggingly, if we raise people's awareness one by one, then we can definitely change the world. Suddenly, nothing's impossible, and I think it's important to start with your own surroundings.

In closing, a message for your fans.

I have a 'non-chalant/mellow' policy, but there's no room for non-chalant-ness for me recently, so I'd better settle down and give my blog a proper update. (^_^) Please enjoy serious mode YOU while we're on tour!

SOURCE: ENERU’S BIG ADVENTURE/ RING G



[ haha! told you i'd get to it! ... and only six months late. (T_T) enjoy his cuteness anyway. (^_^) ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you! Thank you so much for your hard work!

You-san really is adorable.

Again thank you so so much for this!

Anonymous said...

So worth the wait. Thank you so much.

This rare insight into his personality only makes me love him more.

SunfirePhoenix said...

YEAH!!!! Thank You! :-D