06 April 2009

Ooita - departure, Nagasaki - arrival (2009.4.3 19:16)

Ooita... Japan's leading hotsprings... If you like hot springs, it's a place you'll want to visit at least once...


But then...


We arrived in the middle of the night , running around in Kumamatsu, and when the show the next day was over, I was one tired old lady... (^^;) and then the next day we were on the move again...

When the heck will there be time to go to a hot spring...? Gi, Give me... hot spring... (^_^)

For now, I'll have to give it up and go quietly do some work (^_^) but, Ooita... Someday I'm coming back in private. (*hope*)

So, as with each time (^_^) this live too ended with a big success, and today, we safely arrived in Nagasaki.

As expected, after 2 days, my entire body is about to snap from the total exhaustion, but when you say Nagasaki, you say sponge cake, and when you say sponge cake, you say Nagasaki, so for sponge-cake loving me, I can't be silent or quiet about much of anything. (^_^)

I was in the neighborhood of this arched bridge...


and stopped in at Shoukandou. * (^_^)


I think these are the sponge cakes the royal family orders, so you can't buy them on the net, just at this store.

The shop clerks, when you go in the store, say, 'Have a sample,' and put the cakes out with tea.

The fundamental tastiness... Definitely three stars!!

I should get some for everybody to eat backstange tomorrow. (^_^) Well then well then everyone, until the next battle~

P.S When I asked the kids who were the kitten dancers in Ooita 'What's famous in Ooita?'

They kindly started shouting "Toriten!! Kabosu!!" (^_^)

and just when I was starting to think that this Kabosu must be awfully rare, I discovered it at, of course, a convenience store. (^_^)


What a clever specialty product. (^_^) It really made this an interesting trip, you know... (^_^)


[ * a manufacturer of sponge cakes. yeah. as for this drink thing the kids recommended to him, first off, do they get little kids to dress up like cats for those stage shows??? coz that would up the cute factor for the entire scenario by about a hundred thousand. as for the drink itself, the logo says "Round Kabosu" which are these cute little green yuzu/lemon things that is apparently quite sharp and used instead of lemon in some dishes. why you would want to drink something like that, i'm not quite sure, but i'm thinking along the lines of YOUkun will try anything once. (^_^) ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello..yeah for all the shows they take two kids of the city to make the cats. the pink one and the other one I don't remember the color.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to try the drink actually. XD And I'm not much into cake right now, but the way YOUsan describes it, he might trick me into trying that, too - he's good! He should do advertising if music gets too much!! XD

Thanks for the translation! (^-^)