28 July 2006

[64] Tea Seller - 2006/07/26 (Wed)

There should be a coffee shop on every street,
like Starbucks, Tully's, Doutor, don't you think?
I could sure use it, I love coffee.

In Kansai-ben,
we call it 'O-Chashibako' (^_^)

I always used to think it was strange,
coffee-selling franchises.
I figured it wouldn't sell here, where tea is nationwide,
and I never thought people would drink it so cheerfully.

I think that a customer base for fashionable things is already in place.
Places like the famous Tsujiri of the Gion District are alwasy congested,
and you can probably mention the tea places called Japanese Cafes.
I think that there are quite a few of this type of cafe in the city.

Just as I was thinking, tea as fast food..., absolutely not...,
what did I find, but a store following that image.

It appears to be called

"KOOTS"

Only five stores in the Tokyo area, and 10 stores nationwide, but
it certainly feels like a store with a Starbucks system for tea.
Yeah well, people often think alike, you know.
I thought it was possible one day.

When the days of selling green tea to coffee people come,
maybe 'O-Chashibako' really will become tea. (^_^)

Maybe next will be will be black tea?

P.S. That photograph from yesterday is beyond scary, isn't it (^^;) I was trying for that when I took it, but still... (^_^)


[woo-hoo! a big shout out to the chaps at the sci.lang.japan list!]

No comments: