16 October 2006

[146] Food Fighter!! - 2006/10/14 (Sat)

As a matter of fact, I consider myself a food fighter. (^_^)
Right at the moment, my quantity has fallen into the average range,
and although I was never able to beat anybody with the amount I ate when I was a child,
it was just me, so
I think the Engel Coefficient of my parents' home was quite high. *
There were really serious times when I only had one meal of uncooked rise. (^^;)

So, well, when it comes to eating a lot, I've got a little self-confidence,
but let me introduce to you a man
who turns the petit confidence of
this food fighter on its head.

Take a look at the hand in this photo! It could be a parent and child, couldn't it?
It's been a while since I was defeated in the height and hugeness of hand departments,
and also the amount I can eat doesn't even compete with his.
This is the well-known 'Giant Shirota'-kun. **

When they told the Food Fight martial story of my former self,
I hoped they would say 'He was a talented Food Fighter' (^_^)
Well~ He's a good man (^_^) my fellow Food Fighter.
Always helping out~

It looks like Shirota-kun has a blog, too, so go check it out.
http://ameblog.jp/sirota/


[ * the Engel Coefficient is an observation in economics, which says that as a population's income rises, it's proportional expenditure on food decreases, even if the actual literal expenditure rises. points to YOU-kun for weird economics references!
** Nobuyuki "Giant" Shirota is, as far as i can tell, a food-eating contestant. in his first showing at the international Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in 2004 he finished second with 38 hot dogs--with buns! he's 221 lbs and 6'4". i'd like to point out that the winner of that contest, Takeru Kobayashi, ate 53 and a half hot dogs + buns to win that day. he, kobayashi-san, once ate 17.7 pounds of pan-seared cow brains to win $25,000. YOU-kun has some odd friends...]

No comments: