16 October 2006

[147] The Magic Pot - 2006/10/14 (Sat)

Has anyone heard of Le Creuset?
It's a brand of French-made enameled metal ware,
and man does this stuff do great work. *

At first, my friend recommended it to me,
but, well, honestly, I don't have many chances to use stuff like saucepans,
and in general, Yukihira pans are just fine. **
Plus, this Le Creuset is super heavy.
The lid is pretty heavy, too, so when I finally got one
it was a little hard to manipulate.

But, eventually, I tried putting it to the test.
If I remember right, it was pork miso or something, with some leftovers from the fridge. (^_^)

And then, mysteriously, the flavor was different!
Had it maybe become mild? Or maybe some new depth appeared...?
Well, it was more delicious than usual.
I don't know if it was just my imagination, or if it was because the heat conduction had improved,
but it was more delicious than when I make it with my normal saucepan.

So now, whenever I use a saucepan for cooking, I have to use this one. (^_^)
Curry, stew, miso soup, tomato soup, anything boiled or stewed,
it all has a really good flavor~

People who like to cook should really check it out. I recommend it.

P.S. Incidentally, today I tried to boil rice in the pan. As expected, it boiled up more deliciously than in the rice cooker. It was firm in half the water. (^^;)
After yesterday's disadvantage, today I tried to go for it and see how many Go I could eat, *** but I went down after three. I'd be doing great at five... Of course, even that wouldn't get me very far. (hahah)


[ * incidentally (chinami ni, as YOU would say) Le Creuset also turns out to be the name of a Gundam character. probably not someone likely to cook you a pork miso soup dinner, either.
** a common, inexpensive brand of pot in japan.
*** a Go, in this case, is a unit of measure, approx 0.18 of a litre. ...which means that YOU didn't even eat half a quart of rice before giving up. what a weakling! (^_^) ]

No comments: