12 September 2009

Notes from the Summit (^_^) (2009.9.10 14:37)

Looking down on the world below from the summit. (^_^)


Man oh man~ It's been a while since my back and muscles hurt so much I couldn't get out of bed. (^^;)

At last I have been revived. (^_^)

This time, I climbed on the Subashiri trail, but it's longer than the other trails,

and it was past midnight when I started, so I'd given up right from the start on seeing the sunrise from the summit,

but I was anxious about how high I was going to have to be to see the sun, so I climbed at an even more hyper pace than before. (^_^)

To tell you the truth though, I thought I wouldn't be able to see the sun past the 8/10 marker, so that guess was totally wrong. (^^;)

So I kept up my desperate climb. (^_^)

Just about when I passed the 7/10 marker, the sky lightened up, and my physical strength reached its tolerance limit, so I thought,

Aah, I'd better take my camera here and take some shots, but there wasn't any sun at all for another 30 minutes. (^^;)

Maybe... It's just here that I can't see anything? I thought, and my body was already totally cold, it was like frozen, so I started climbing again, and about 10 minutes later the sun showed up again. (^_^)

At first, it was covered by a film of clouds, so even the light you can see in my photo from 9/7 isn't much, but when it pierced through the clouds, I couldn't even look directly at it.


Basking in the light from the sun rays that climbed over the clouds, I really did melt. (^_^)

At the summit, like last time, there were so many people it overflowed. It really is extremely popular.

From grandpas, kids, dogs, foreigners, girls, office workers in suits, (^_^) people with their whole family in tow, all kinds of people climbed the mountain.

The fact confirmed on my second climb was, of course, that the descent'll kill your spirit better than the ascent. (^_^)

Even though the Subashiri trail is said to be fun on the way down, yeah... it's intense... (^^;)

But, if you climb up, you have no choice but to climb down, so. (^_^)

If I get the chance again next year, I'll forget these lessons, I'll climb it again. (^_^)

Everyone should try it.

No comments: