26 May 2008

[625] My Embarrassing Secret (^_^) - 2008/05/25 (Sun)

The truth is, I've been into making bread lately (^_^)

I've still got a ways to go on mastering it, but making bread is mostly Leave It Alone play, so even if you don't have that much time, you can make it! (*joy!*)

Well, honestly, we won't discuss flavor (^^;) but it's completely additive free, so I fell like it's good for the body. (^_^)

Man~ It's harder than I thought... When I get a delicious taste, I'll upload the finished product.

Yeah, the way I see it, bread and udon every day. ... So I'll be eating nothing but carbohydrates? (^^;)

P.S. Op, nothing but food posts lately, huh... Think about that...


[ from one bread-obsessed freak to another, i can totally recommend bread + udon diets, yuu! (^_^) ]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too want a bread maker :)

Off to store to go buy one.

Anonymous said...

Yaay You makes home made bread too. the secret is too get the exact amount everything. ^_^ ahh this makes me happy i am not as lame as i thought! Oooooooooo that bread machine looks sooo high tech than mine, I want one! I wonder wat brand it is.

Thanks for the translations! *gives you a cookie* ^_^ hehe

- Rain

meredeth said...

i love my bread maker. i mean LOFF it. YOUkun's is a TwinBird, a brand that is sold only in Japan as far as i know. at least, it isn't sold in the US. they make all kind of kitchen machines and stuff like that. if you're looking for one, i can totally recommend your local thrift store. you can get 'em there for like five bucks, just be sure you get one with all it's parts (bucket and any yeast covers) and if you can, find one with a manual. sometimes you can download the manuals online, too.

today's random nihongo tip: the word for bread in japanese is PAN, pronounced pahn and comes from the french word for bread, PAIN, pronounced pehn (only more nasally).

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmmmm, we used to bake bread like this in college. I wish I could see You-kun and tell him to put some Nutella on that shiz! It's sooooooo good.

Anonymous said...

Actually "pan" is Spanish and Italian and maybe Portugese. The Japanese have more of a background with Portugese (due to the traders and the missionaries) than the French. :)

Cik Di said...

hi, i also just bought this bread maker. But i am facing a problem to read the manual in japanese language, and also the button in japanese. could you help me to find out what is the meaning for each button? especially for bake mathods..1,2,3,4...

meredeth said...

well, i can translate what's on the picture anyway. if you have a scanner and can scan in the manual, i'll be happy to translate that for you, too. give me a day or so and i'll post the translation of the buttons to my other blog (http://www.notuboc.com)