27 May 2008

[626] Precious Life Experience (^_^) - 2008/05/27 (Tue)

I got an 'Mac Teaching' SOS from a friend once again, and the telephone, well, I couldn't teach him over the phone, so when I went as Mac sensei to his house,

but right from the beginning I was stopped, it was like some kind of reptile kingdom. (^^;)

Speaking of reptiles, when I was in my teens, there was a reptile boom, and in Kawahara in Kyoto, if I'm not mistaken, there was a store called 'Alligator.'

Right at the entrance were alligators and things, and I have this memory of being able have tea and stuff while you touched the reptiles

but at the time, I simply didn't have the nerve to touch one of them. (^^;)

I have had some experience being touched by a snake, once there was a python or something wrapped around my neck in Okinawa, but still. (I don't remember it, I was completely frozen...)

But this time, my friend raises them, and he was like, 'They're tame,' so I thought I should experience everything, and resolutely decided to come into contact with one. (^_^)

Man~ Until now, I've been prejudiced agains reptiles-- Even the snake in this picture, once I got used to him, is a pretty cute fellow.

The way it feels... The underside is nice and cool, and the top was like a nice snakeskin purse? ... (^_^)

I guess they can grow up to three meters... Also, he said if you're an early riser you can feed them your bait yourself... (^^;)

Setting aside the long shot jokes (^_^) does anyone here raise reptiles? I can't take care of things, so I can't keep them, but I have gotten a little interested. (^_^)

People who have an aversion to reptiles should try resolutely going out to have some contact with them.

I'm perfectly fine. (^_^)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have a phobia of reptiles....it makes me go into a paralysis like mode when I see one, I am going to continue being prejudices to reptiles....aghhh touching one!! they are so not cute!

- Rain ^_^

Anonymous said...

umm.i own several lizards and snakes including the one in the photo a ball python and they are the sweetest most gentle animals on earth! i really do not understand what ppl have against them they are some of the most misunderstood animals out there! i know ppl have phobias (i do with centipeeds) but for those who instantly think bad things about reptiles don't they really are sweet!

Unknown said...

Eee, I can't tell you how happy I am to see YOU getting interested in reptiles! I love snakes and I have a snake myself (named Ren, actually, after the ex-JOB member...), so it's really cool to see.

I wonder if this 'friend' of his is actually Ren? Hmmm. :3