10 June 2008

[634] Petit Cameraman... - 2008/06/09 (Mon)

Again, there was a request from my usual car salesman, 'Come take pictures of my store~' and so I went over at once to take the photos.

So, here we have his promised home cooked meal. (*joy*)


Maybe I shouldn't call it that, since, not he doesn't have a kitchen, just a cassette conro, * so how the heck you can be a master, and not even get one thing charred... it amazing. (^_^)

He made even this pasta in a snap. Of course the flavor is, as ever, delicious.

I don't have the self-confidence to make delicious dishes except in a kitchen I'm familiar with. Man, truly, I've got a ways to go before I can compete with the master...

Also, he stole from various cooking techniques, so I'll have to test them out straight away. (^_^)

It's just pasta, but it was profound... For people who want to make delicious pasta: first off, in plenty of water, par boil plenty of salt. Take a taste, and when it's a little salty, it's just right.

When it comes to a boil put in the pasta, but don't stir it up too much. Slowly seperate the pasta.

When it comes to a boil, keep it there for 7~8 minutes, tasting for the perfect moment, and after that, please watch it for a suitable time.

The boiling time will affect how the temperature interacts with the sauce when you mix it with the pasta, so boiling it until it's slightly hard is best. After you boil it for the alloted time, it should be roughly limp.

Also, you can put olive oil on it as a finishing touch.

With this, you'll get puffy al dente more often than not without mistake.

How long you boil the pasta and the addition of salt has a severe impact on changing the flavor, so even if you fail, please keep challenging yourself.

Incidentally, I use rock salt for my salt and PECK olive oil. Of course, so does the master, but. (^^;)

Well then well then.


P.S. The mess in Akiba... My feelings go beyond sadness, I'm quite angry. Why does it always end up to be the people who never committed any crime who end up being the victims...?

I will continue to hope that things like this never happen again, and I pray from my heart for happiness in the next world for the victims.

It's just a place I always go, it was a real shock...


[ i'm not sure if you've heard about what happened in Akihabara, i know i hadn't, but some 25 year old guy with an obvious problem mowed down a bunch of people in Akiba and then started stabbing random passersby. he injured i guess 21 and killed 7. here's a new report about it if you're interested. ]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've missed saturday but thank you for the translation!

Anonymous said...

...and he's back to his food posts xD
I think you missed an entry though. There was another Eneru-post before this one...

Also, his enrish typos are adorable x3

Crystal said...

Thank you for the translation. As always it's a great read.

And just a quick note, I've been watching the news in Japan with Keyhole tv. Took me a while to figure out what was going on at first though. So sad...