17 June 2008

Mr. Electronics~ (2008.6.16 23:10)

Somehow I managed to seclude myself yesterday, and the day passed without incident. (^_^) The weather was good, so I was just about to set out for my target, so I thought, so it was quite a shock you know, 734 yen. (^_^)

So, today it was clear again, and it'd been a long time, so I thought I should switch out my computer memory. 2GBs of memory was plenty like two years ago, but with the passing years, it's just not enough. The amount of data from a recent sound source is huge, so.

The memory I bought. Two 1GB sticks.


I disassembled and opened up the case, and cleared away all the Mac's wiring.
Please calm yourself, anybody can do it. (^_^)


This is the memory slot.


It's a previous generation model, so it only has four slots. (^^;) Originally, there were two 1GB sticks and two 256MB sticks. Now there are 4x1GBs for 4GBs, so I can't upgrade any further than this, even if I needed to (bwahahah) maybe like four 2GB sticks...? Incidentally, with the latest MacPro, you can upgrade to something like 32GBs. (*amazed*)

Oh, during installation, be sure to touch the metal portions of the Mac's main body, to disappate the static electricity. In rare cases, you can fry the base board with one shock. *

This, is the recently rumored...


ProTools card. You could buy a car with these three. (^^;) For that reason, unarmed installations of these is a serious issue. (^_^)

Of course, if the base board is bad, pulling it out and pushing back in again like the old FamiComs is usually best. (^_^)

Well then well then, this concludes the space language lecture~ (^_^)


[ ok, seriously people, i have fried my motherboard before like this. BE. CAREFUL. we now return you to your regularly scheduled NERd lecture. ]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am actually a bit surprised that G5 motherboard can take 4 GB of ram.. hmm... nice....

i think playing w/ RAM is at least safer than playing w/ IC chips... my friend and I at least fried five LM741 when we were working on our project.. heh.. awesome experience~ =___=

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing that of all the posts he makes, we only sometimes read one about MUSIC XDD

But I like it that way, it shows a different side of him. I suppose this is his nerdy side! LOL

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hi =) I love your translations.
Also... wow 4 gb. I have 512 mb... ;_; but I only change the pieces as they break so...

meredeth said...

"we fried five cards... awesome experience" this? this is why i heart NERds. (^_^)

Anonymous said...

0_o Protools card?


*drool*