10 August 2009

Monitor Calibration (2009.8.11 02:42)

A little maniac talk...


The era has become digital, pictures are data, when it comes to photo viewing, I think the PC monitor has become the main venue.

If the PC monitor's color and brightness aren't correct, it won't be able to reproduce the colors and brightness of any given photo correctly.

For example, take something reproduced on the same monitor, look at it under fluorescent lights, then look at it under incandescent lights. The colors change based on the so-called ambient lighting.

That's why, even if you go through great pains to retouch something on your PC, when you print it, often the colors are completely different.

But the work it takes to match those colors is really difficult. I even studies color management, and I'm really ignorant. (^^;) You really can't help but do it however it looks best to you, you know.

That's why I made a resolution, and bought a machine adjusts my monitor's colors. (^_^)

So, when I printed at the store, the monitor profile that regulated this machine combined the data from the photo with with data from the so-called monitor adjustment data,

and offered,

"Adjust the colors you see on this monitor and then print."

It came pretty close, but if you're talking about 100% perfect colors, of course there'll be some subtle differences. And there are peculiarties to photo papers, too, so.

And since we're here, of course a printer is essential, too. (bwahahah)

Of course with my own works, I'd like to do my own output. (^_^) Next time I can print out my own stuff, I think it'll be good.

Man~ there's really a lot of stuff to explore... in this world...

But really, are people worried about the colors of their developed photos...? I print photos on the home printer I bought when I started, and for however long it's been printing, it wasn't very good at images, so I thought, Early failure?

but when you print with any printer, it seems to be difficult to get the colors the way you want them.

Enjoy printing those photos you worked so hard to take, everybody.

Well then well then~

1 comment:

ChojinD67 said...

I wanna see You's pictures when he becomes big!! ^^ Because I know he can do it!