03 December 2007

[511] Yakkinikuu~ - 2007/12/01 (Sat)

I went out to have some! (^_^)

I can't really have a chat in English, but I found my American camera friend there, (^_^) so we met up.

We wanted to go out together and take some photos, but today, I'm afraid to say, we couldn't get our schedules together, so we had a meal only meeting.

We haven't seen each other for a while, so we wanted to show each other our photographs, and even without words, the moment was quite a rush.

Maaan, hobbies surpass national borders. (^_^)

When I said it would be Christmas season soon, so I'd like to go out and take some photos about Illumination, he said something like, 'Have to go out and buy a tripod tomorrow.' (^_^)

We'll be a couple, setting up our tripods together night after night...
If you see us, please tread softly. (^_^)

Well then well then~ Only one month to go in this year!!


[ corrections to the gnarly parts of this entry provided by the lovely and wonderful ally. ]

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand this sentence a lot lol...

"The two of us make a nightly set, we're a couple now... Please keep it a secret if you happen to catch sight of us. (^_^)"

what does it mean "we are a couple now"? O_o lol

Emi

Anonymous said...

Waaah, this was so sweet o^___^o I really can imagine their meeting without worlds. That must be fun^^

btw, Meredeth-san, you forgot to uplode the No.509 and 510 posts...

Thanx for your translation ^^

Anonymous said...

huh? what about friday? sorry im not complaining i love what you do!!

Ally said...

I saw the line about 'couple' and had to go look back at the Japanese. x_x My heart was going dokidoki!

カップルに紛れて、夜な夜な三脚をセットする二人組・・・。
見かけてもそっとしておいてください(笑)

Not to nitpick, but I think it might be better to say:
"We've becom a couple, a duo night after night setting up our tripods...
If you see us, please be quiet/please don't bother. (^_^)"

_(._.)_ Thank you

Ally said...

x_x Sorry for the double comment, but I realized after I walked away, it's also probably future tense. 'We'll come' not 'We've become'

You do such a great job with all these translations I feel a bit bad butting in. ^^; I'm sorry. I just don't want the wrong idea to come across and have the (albeit small) fandom going "OAMALFHALKHFLHKCAI WHAAAT?!"

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't understand the couple thing either! Does he really mean they're, like, a couple-couple, or is it a joke or...??

meredeth said...

mm, no, you're absolutely right ally. i must admit i was doing this on my lunch hour, so i wasn't paying as much attention as i should have been. bad translator! (^^;) although, even had i been paying attention, i must admit to pretty much sucking at sentences with no terminal verb. it's like my brain just says, no verb = no good, and promptly flatlines. (double (^^;))

also a note to you and to anyone else, please, by all means correct any muddled translations you see on my part. half of this effort is to get better at japanese, which i can't do if no one corrects me.

oh yeah, also also, anyone caught abusing a keyboard in such a manner will receive my official condemnation. "OAMALFHALKHFLHKCAI WHAAAT?!" != word. (^_^) be nice to your keyboards people. ... says me of all people, i guess, but WHATEVER! (bwahahah, as yuu would say.)

Ally said...

Aah, I'm GacktYouGirl on LiveJournal. ^-^ You can link that if you like.

Keyboard abuse makes You sad. We'll just say that.