17 January 2008

[553] 13 years... - 2008/01/18 (Fri)

It's been 13 years since then...? *

There wasn't much damage at my house, but I still remember it vivdly even today...

I was just dozing off on my futon, when I heard something like a great rumble in the ground, like goooooh, and the instant I thought, What's that? everything started vibrating with a DRRRRRRM!!

It was a mystery, maybe at a genetic level I felt that my life was in danger, I don't know if it's normal for even your mind to stop during an earthquake, but I don't know what it was, something felt unusual, and I quickly when to get my grandmother, and I remember we took refuge somewhere.

After that, I watched the TV screen, the town I was so familiar with that had completely changed... It was a total shock... The good thing was, my family, friends, the people I knew in Kobe were all fine, but now it's different, the information networks hadn't developed, it took days to get all the information, every day the anxiety got worse...

Besides the Great Hanshin earthquake, I hope for the reconstruction in the places that have been damaged by earthquakes all over the country, and I also pray for peace in the next life for those who have died.

We don't even know if an earthquake might come to Tokyo one day... Together with preparing for that time, with emergency rations and disaster prevention goods, please don't forget to prepare a heart of 'sympathy.'

Let's have a short prayer...


[ * he is discussing the massive Great Hanshin earthquake, which occured Jan 17/18 1995 near Kobe. it was a 7.3 and killed over 6000 people. ]

5 comments:

Kyuuketsuki said...

I'd pray, but.. >.> nya, i also hope that those who have passed can live a happy afterlife ^.^'' if that made sense... And i hope that those who survived are alright and such. I'm no good at saying stuff like this XD But I'm glad You-sama and his family are ok ^.^

Anonymous said...

oh dear...I always shake to hear news like that...
but one thing came to my mind...where does You-sama lives than?
I though he was living in Kyoto but...is it Tokyo??!

meredeth said...

i'm under the impression that he's living in tokyo now, but grew up in the kyoto/osaka region. i seem to recall his mentioning high school days in osaka...

Anonymous said...

Yes I am having the same impression he lives in tokyo now...
Strange!
I have always thought he was living in Kyoto..as well as Gackt did...
But I am having the impression Gackt does live in Tokyo now as well..LOL

Anonymous said...

I read robot clones every day--well, I read every entry--even though I don't post comments that often. This one has to be the most beautiful, touching and thoughtful that You-kun has done so far. He shows a beautiful soul here.

P.S.

He's definitely a Kyoto/Kansai boy. I'm visiting that area in June and I'm so excited. It's really the heart of old-world Japanese culture. Can't wait.