15 August 2007

[440] So nice, Soumen~ ... - 2007/08/15(Wed)

Man, lately, I've been eating nothing but Soumen. *
Whenever I feel like I'm suffering from the summer heat...
It's strange, but I can't just leave them alone. (bwahahah)

When I was a child, my parents always overcooked the soumen,
and I didn't like the limp texture,
but when I make them myself,
they're tasty once more. (^_^)

You boil them quickly, and then shock them in ice water to hold them,
and then garnish with shredded green onion and grated ginger and it's finished.

It's really good on hot days.
For people suffering from the summer heat, it's easy to eat.

This month is already half over... -5 kilos, I've gotten quietly impatient. (^^;)
I'll have soumen tomorrow, too... (^_^)

P.S. Even now, I don't understand the differene between these and iced noodles. (^_^)


[ * soumen is the noodle pictured. it's made from wheat flour. the title in japanese is 'ya~ren so~men~' where yaren is an odd way of saying 'oh my!' so it's like 'oh my! noodles!' ]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i finally finished reading all the posts and i am now up to date. So I'd just like to say thank you very, very, very, VERY much for the translations = ] You really are an amazing person ^_^

meredeth said...

goodness, that's a lot of reading! i'm glad you liked them, you're very welcome. i think you deserve a cookie. *cookie!*