19 August 2007

[443] Cooking at home - 2007/08/19 (Sun)

Wow, everybody likes a surprising variety of characters.
I think there are a lot of people who like the standard Disney and Kitty characters.
Lately, the fad is for Banao stuff, right? (^_^) *

Until I started getting stuff from everybody
character stuff didn't interest me that much,
but now, I've got all the details. (^_^)

So, not to change the subject, but actually, I'm making curry at the moment. (^_^)

Man, my cooking master said to me 'I'd like to try some of YOUkun's curry'
so I ended up saying, 'Well, I can make some for Sunday!'
and I got my long-lost fighting spirit on the other day and made some. (^_^)

I usually just get lazy and go with the commercial roux (^_^) **
but this time around, I went and bought the spices and made the real thing.

First off, I laid the foundation parts, and then cooked them together.
The more you cook it together with the curry, the tastier it becomes.

I might have written about this before,
but to me, whether the curry is tasty or not
also tells whether you'll be able to make a delicious hodgepodge soup
with the curry power you didn't put in the roux.

Stir-fry your ingredients and maybe toss in some water,
if you make it thinking you'll end up with a delicious soup,
your finished product will be entirely different.

Eh? This time?
Maaan, I have a feeling it's going to be really good. (^_^)
I made a double soup with meat and seafood.
And I think I'm going to mix in some mushrooms after this too.

Ah, my stomach was empty right in the dead of night... (bwahahah)
Maybe I'll just take a little sample. (^_^)


[ * bana-o, sort of like we would say Banana-Man. you may remember him from the center of the Supernatch disc on post #438...
** roux is curry sauce made from a mixture of butter and flour ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that i think about it.. IS IT GACKT?! i knew they had a THING!

sorry, are you against gayness?

i hope not x( cos i thank you eternally for translating his blog. in You's words: bwahaha!

-grace (p.s i also left the other two or three comments you just got fyi *blush*)