30 August 2007

[452] Well isn't that a good name? (^_^) - 2007/08/29 (Wed)

Lately I've been pursuing the morning life, but I can't seem to get completely used to it, and my mood hasn't really been that good at all. Well, when you're born in the pattern, you're a vampire for life, I guess... I should be happy to be getting healthier, I suppose but. (^^;)

So, I'd been groaning in anguish front of my machines all day, when I got a call from a painter friend of mine in the evening with an invite.
'What's up?'
"Ehhh, I'm working, for some reason... (^^;)"
'(^_^) Well don't get cooped up in that house. Have you been to my Ginza gallery yet?'

By nature, I think of the arts as a means of expressing oneself. Music, painting, photography, they're all things that communicate something. And of course there's acting and performances.

So then, thinking that something from a different genre could be attractive, the normally stay-at-home me went out. (^_^)

Frankly, I was wondering why he would choose this location, since his place has no relation to 'Ginza' (^_^) but contrary to what you might expect from a celeb street with famous brand names all lined up, it's quite a deep street.

There are little galleries everywhere on that street, and CANON and NIKON galleries, (^_^) and lots of old Showa era buildings, and also my favorite Apple Store is there, so it was pretty much packed with stuff I wanted to stop and oogle. (^_^)

Actually, it's a maniac street... I've just been misunderstanding it until now. (^_^)

However, the world of paintings is truly deep inside... You'd probably say they're the so-called indie painters, so I was a little surprised at the really large number of people who had opened one-person exhibitions. Looking at the various works, I got a little power back. (^_^)

In the middle of a tour of the street from my friend, we stumbled upon some photographs, and I had to pin one down, like, 'Oooh, I need to take this picture' (^_^)

Next time, I'll have to come in secret, by myself. (^_^)

P.S. Summer's already over...


[note: the title doesn't really make much sense until you find out that the sign in the picture, from what i'm assuming to be his friend's gallery, says Yuu Gallery.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hooray for the Yuu Gallery and lifelong vampires! *clings to You* Art is an awesome way for expression, nya. Summer! No, don't leave..*watches summer walk out the door* T.T nyeeeagh