06 September 2007

[461] Just as I thought, I was on fire. (^_^) - 2007/09/07 (Fri)

Looks like the typhoon's going to be a direct hit... Yesterday I was unlucky and got soaking wet. (^^;)

Speaking of typhoons, there was one really big one when I was a kid. There were a lot of wooden houses back then, so when you said, 'There a typhoon coming!' the whole family would start hammering. (^_^)

Everyone nailed up every door and window on the house so that you couldn't open them. We even got to leave school early, like it was a vacation, so it was strangly exciting.

As for my best typhoon memory, when I got around on my bike, I went to see the 'Suzuka Eight Hour Endurance Race' but

in preparation for the finals, I had been staying at a nearby place since the previous day. Just when I was stuck in a tent with a bunch of noisy people, right that evening, a typhoon hit the Kiino peninsula. (^^;)

Umbrellas were basically pointless, and even wearing a raincoat, I was sopping wet, plus, the tent we were packed into blew away, and we were slapped with rain all night long, it was really a blas... Wait, I mean, it was really horrible. (^_^)

Anyway, that time, we got right into the center of the typhoon, and the rain really did stop. (^_^) It had been a really terrible downpour, so when the rain and the wind suddenly stopped, we were like, 'Wha? It stopped.' It was like that for a while, and then it exploded again. (^_^)

The rain will probably never be like that again my whole life. (^_^) The tens of thousands of people who went to see that race that time got saturated, every one of us, so it was pretty funny.

Incidentally, the weather was so good for the finals the next day, the rain the previous day seemed like a lie. (^_^)

Everyone please be careful during typhoons. Especially if you're foundation is in a weak place, don't get near the riverbed!!

This kind of day is the best to be a shut-in. (^_^)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm...it seems that they are experiencing the same weather as we here in europe...T_T

But his picture makes me hungry...

P.S.thanks for answering me