01 March 2007

[273] The evolution of digital - 2007/02/20 (Tue)

There was a brief time when I was diligently
using up a large sums of money and buying home recording machines,
but now, with the tremendous progress of PCs,
it's gotten so you can make a demo tape
with just a notebook PC and some little tiny machines.

Digital cameras are like that, too, but honestly,
the progress of digital things in general is quick.
The price is growing steadily cheaper, and the quality is rising.

Now, with one PC, you can do it all,
music, photos, movies, drawing, everything.
Even people's commications have changed,
due to the internet.

With this one machine, you can do
all sorts of things.
Makes you wonder about the direction of digital.
The reasons we manipulate machines, or are manipulated.

Even while I say those kind of self-important things,
I'm fighting hard to set up these machines...

Yes, still more being manipulated by machines. (^^;)

Still, just like my cell phone, I've gotten so that I can't do without my PC.
For instance, without my PC, I couldn't put up this diary...

For the time being, I can't finish the set up either way. (^^;)
Seems I've got a little more fighting left to do.

No comments: