21 March 2007

[297] The Vernal Equinox - 2007/03/21 (Wed)

Did you go somewhere to play?
It seems that even in Tokyo, the cherry trees are blooming,
so soon, we'll be able to hear summer's footsteps.

Today's picture is a bit of a departure, but oh well.
Yeah, usually it's the shut-in stuff. (^_^)

Going out to take a photo
had to wait patiently until the cherry trees bloomed.

Until now, the changing of the seasons
felt like the time for broken hearts. (^_^)
These days, I enjoy myself when the seasons change.

Even though I've been busily busy every day lately,
suddenly, I looked up at the trees on the roadside, and thought,
looking forward to
the blooming of the cherry blossoms, that's a good feeling, too.

Ah- just wait about 10 days into spring. (^_^)
When the snow disappears, I'll be sad. (^_^)

P.S. I've got a Kansai-ben confession. (^_^)
'How nice' 'Lovely' 'Delightful'
How Old World of me. (^_^) *

[ * oh man, this PS was a pain. (^^;) here's what's going on: Kansai-ben is the dialect of Japanese spoken in the south-west of the main island, mainly the area around Osaka, Nara, and Kyoto. it's got a reputation for being laid back and elegant, in opposition to the fevered business pace of Tokyo. what i ended up translating here as "how nice, lovely, and delightful" are actually just different ways of saying "I like it" in kansai-ben. what i've put down as "Old World" in that last line, is [honwaka] which actually means, peaceful or pleasant, but in the sense of, "It's old and elegant and therefore promotes a sense of peacefulness. so there. *faint* ]

No comments: