24 June 2006

[26] I'm not a daikon maniac (^^) - 2006/06/20 (Tue)

Of course, a rush of diet posts... GRIN.
I'll continue my post from yesterday about water.

About how much water does everyone drink each day?

Some people don't take in much water,
some people only like beverages with a certain taste,
some people say, It's SAKE for me!,
there are various kinds of people.

For people who basically don't drink too much water,
I will report a factual item here.

A friend I got along well with, (we were?) back pain friends, but *
when I met him he had a bad complexion.
Well, he actually had a severe hernia,
and was having a reaction to the painkiller.

But, occasionally, I would have a meal together with him,
and in studying him, I found that he didn't drink one drop of liquid with his meals.
I was worried,

and when I asked him,

'How much water do you drink in a day?'

He said generally a glass or two.
Whatever the circumstances, it's not very much at all,

and I tried to offer some advice,

'A person's supposed to drink 1.5 litres every day.'

And so...,
about a month passed, and when I meet him again after a while,
wouldn't you know it, his complexion had cleared up!

"Yeah~ I've been in pretty good shape lately~"
"I followed your advice exactly~"

There was some other good news, it seemed he had lost some weight...
At that instant, I realized water's importance.

And that's the reason,
the next day, I, too, started drinking 1.5 litres of water every day without fail.


[ * ok, i really don't have even the slightest idea. i was hoping youtsuu nakama, which literally means "back pain companion" was some kind of idiom, but i haven't been able to find any evidence of such thing. i'll keep looking of course, but until then...]

No comments: