26 June 2006

[28] Melody of Memories - 2006/06/22 (Thu)

So, when I was a teenager, still young...,

At that time, I didn't have even a radio-cassette player, so
if I wanted to listen to music, I didn't have any choice but to
watch TV variety programs, or turn on the radio.
If you want to be affected by your music,
such an environment isn't something to be praised.


But even in that situation, I managed to
check
MTV every week.
(At that time, they were broadcasting on TV.)

Well, when I wanted to hear a certain music,
I barged in at the home of my friend who was enthusiastic about western stuff. (^^)

In his room, he had splendid audio system,
handed down to him from his father.

That was still the analog era, so
we had mainly records and cassette tapes.
Of course, analogue degrades,
even if the listener restricts the number of playback hours.


That room was enveloped in sounds so good they hurt my ears,
it was like a musical performance right before my eyes.
Normally, I only heard sounds from TV speakers,
and so for me, it was a wonderful and very precious time.

That was how I spent the time when I went to play at his house.

Actually, there was one embarrassing day,
it was the day I was jilted by a girl I was going out with.

I was depressed at the sudden parting, and so I put on some music I liked, but
he could probably guess something was wrong from my depressed air.

"What happened?"

he said.
Reluctantly,

'Well... I got dumped...'

I answered weakly,
and after a little silence,

"You still like her?"

he asked, putting in a tape.

Even though I didn't understand the lyrics at all, the pain was transmitted
in that streaming melody, and the tears started flowing.

"Until you can forget, it's ok to like her." *

One sentence from him was the last drop.

Yeah~ A super effeminate thing from a man. (^^;)

That was a reeeally lengthy introduction, but the melody that day
was the "The Flame" by Cheap Trick, the artist in the photo.
Well, it's a famous piece of music, and I think a lot of people know of it, but
you should listen to it one time. And imagine, "Hearing this song makes me cry!"
and laugh. (^^)

Coincidentally, I'm still really close friends with that guy who was crazy for all things western.

[ * i think. casual speech always breaks my mind. *must practice! must practice!* also, The Flame makes him cry. heheh. poor YOU-kun. come over here, i'll give you hug...]

No comments: