19 April 2007

[326] More Sequel (^_^) - 2007/04/19 (Thu)

There are still people who use splendid film though.
I'm completely useless with film. (^^;)
Film truly is difficult.
If you don't properly study up on things like exposure and coloring,
you just plain can't take the photo.

That's why you should never ever say
'Taking pictures with film is no good'
to a professional cameraman.

You should be very very careful to avoid making that mistake.
Incidentally, I only tried the challenge once,
but I couldn't get a photo at all, YES. (^^;)

Since film is analogue,
the gradient of light can be traced infinitely,
but with digital inserting a frame of numbers,
of course there are limits, but there's really no match.

That's what's called the expressive power that photographs have,
and of course with film, you also have a persuasive power in the photographs.

Since people themselves are analogue,
we instinctually find something to complain about.
With listening to music on an old record, too,
but there's a virtue that can't be stated.

As for me, I long for film.
I'm studying digital photo-taking,
and while I'm discovering what kind of pictures I really want to take deep inside,
I want to take pictures with film.

Well, the temptation these days is lenses. (^_^)
For people who are using Canon's SLRs,
I've got the 'EF 50mm F1.8 Ⅱ' lens,
but this one, it's absurdly cheap,
so i's good for all kinds of prints.
For reference, I tried taking a shot of Daikon-kun with the lens attached to Kiss. (^_^)
Incidentally, last time's picture was also taken with this lens.

If you bought the body, but didn't buy a lens,
or you're looking for the next lens to buy,
or you want to take better photos from now on,
or you want to take photos like a pro! (^_^)
I would recommend it to people like that.

So saying, I'll gradually end up as a camera shop's secret agent. (^_^)

Cell phone cameras, compact digitals, SLRs,
there are all kind of ways to enjoy them,
so everybody, please have a great camera life.

If a great photographer is born from this HP some day, that would be amazing.
I'd be happy, but on the other hand maybe a bit chagrined, too. (^_^)

Yeah, yeah, (^_^) I will be presenting myself for that, if I can just get a little stronger,
that's what I'm thinking. Photographs, too, are a way to do that.

I feel like going somewhere totally new with my photo-taking,
and if it were connected to music, that would be great. That's what I'm thinking.

Let's go for it together, hm?

P.S. Life is a journey in search of one's self, I guess...


[note: zOMG YOU-kun! stop it with the novels already! ... well, okay, not really, but still. if i had to do this analogue, as it were, w/out my laptop, i'd have died by now. thank god for digital. (^_^) for those of you who are interested in photography, the lens and camera YOU-kun is so enamoured of are indeed available in the States. the lens he mentioned today is this one.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"zOMG YOU-kun! stop it with the novels already! ... "


yeah i've noticed he's been writing longer and longer entries lately XD hehe..its kind of cute how it gets all into everything ^^

Anonymous said...

"zOMG YOU-kun! stop it with the novels already! ... "

yeah i've noticed his entries have been getting longer and longer XD its kind of cute how he gets all into everything ^^

meredeth said...

it really is, isn't it. kinda makes me wish i had the money to buy him a zoom lens. it'd be quite delightful to see him go to town with it. (^_^)