21 April 2007

[329] At last - 2007/04/22 (Sun)

I bought a bicycle. (^_^)
Now I can go on petit trips. (*excitement*)
This is exactly the right season
for wandering aimlessly on a bicycle.
It's the folding type, so I can rinkou too. *

Incidentally, what do you call your bike?
Chari? maybe, yeah? **
I'll call mine Charinko. (^_^)
In Chuubu they say ketta. ***

Probaby you're wondering why call it Chari, hm?
There are all kinds of theories. It's a mystery.

Ah, quickly, right now,
I should go and attach a bike light.
Isn't being without a light illegal...? (*i wonder*)
Plus, I'm half-obliged to register it for crime prevention.
If I don't, I might get myself questioned by the police. (^^;)

It's really a tough world these days... (T_T)

Well, if I ride around on my bike with my camera night after night,
I will without fail be questioned. (^_^)

Ah, in that case... when I'm asked, 'What's your business?'
I can answer, I'm a photographer.' ... (grin)


[ * rinkou, as defined by wikipedia JP, is taking your bike on public transportation. it got it's start from people who would take their bikes to race tracks disassembled and stuffed in futon bags so that they would fit on public buses and stuff.

** this whole paragraph is a hideous series of puns. YOU-kun must be excited indeed. chari (pronouned like char-ee) literally means bicycle, but also the french word cherie, and is a cognate with cherry. charinko in the next sentence can mean bicycle, or the children pickpockets who often use bikes as their getaway cars, and of course starts with "chari."

*** chuubu is a region south and south-west of Tokyo. as for ketta, i don't know. it's the past tense of to kick... i guess.
**** also, everybody's been saying thank you so much all of a sudden. you're very very welcome! (*blushies*) ]

No comments: