03 May 2007

[341] Wailing Part 2 - 2007/05/04 (Fri)

Every since yesterday, my tear ducts have been quite loose. (^^;)
Well, I'm secretly a crybaby anyway, but still. (^_^)
I'm the type to get completely immersed in a different world when I watch movies and things.
I'm particularly weak when it comes to watching things about friendship, family, and animals.

Up till now, I've seen a few Korean movies, 'Shuri' 'Ryoukiteki na Kanojo' 'Boku no Kanojo wo Shoukai shimasu'
'Daisy' 'An Eraser for My Head' 'Guemuru'
and now I've seen 'Welcome to Dongmakgol'
and, well, these are masterpieces to make Hollywood embarrassed.
Even 'An Eraser for My Head' was written a while ago
and still, I cry like a baby.

This didn't move me as much as a usual love story,
but the wailing continued with 'Ghost' and 'The Choice of Love.'
Those of you who like a big cry during GW should definitely check it out. (^_^)

'Welcome to Dongmakgol' is a war movie,
so it will make you think.
People live by helping each other more than by wounding each other...
We must not repeat such a sad history, that's what it makes you think.

Dongmakgol...
If that's the way humans should be, there's probably no utopia...
People who are interested, please check it out.

P.S. How's your GW going? It's gotten really warm, hasn't it?


[ film notes: shuri is about the star-crossed love between a north korean spy and a south korean intelligence agent, ryoukiteki na kanojo (she who seeks the bizarre) is a romantic comedy about a school boy who falls in love with the object of his bullying, boku no kanojo wo shoukai shimasu (introducing my girlfried) is a love story about a "strong and cute" policewoman and a high school teacher, Daisy is a chick-flick about a painter in the making who meets a man while she's painting a portrait, An Eraser for My Head (which he's talked about before, and which is usually called A Moment to Remember, internationally) is of course a chick-flick about the daughter of a company president and a construction worker, and guemuru is a movie set in HanGang korea, but wikipedia japan hasn't got any other info on it, so i don't know anything else. (thanks once more to kellyn, who pointed out that guemuru is gwoemul, released in the US as The Host, a 2006 monster flick. you can find out more at the wikipedia english page.) ghost is, you know, patrick swayze, and the choice of love is the japanese title for Dying Young with julia roberts and campbell scott. ]

3 comments:

Ally said...

So many chick filks! It's an adorable quirk...

meredeth said...

it's only a shame because i'm not much for chick flicks. although, after a good cry, maybe he'll want a nice long hug? (^_^)

Unknown said...

I think Guemuru is Gwoemul, released in the US as The Host. It's a giant monster movie, which is totally up my alley. I liked the movie very much. I think I will borrow You's translated words and say that my tear ducts were quite loose when I saw that movie. I cry often at movies though. I'm such a wimp. (^_^)

~kellyn