24 May 2007

[363] Reluctantly - 2007/05/25 (Fri)

Even as a ramen freak,
I was never good at eating Taishou ken *
and to this very day, I'm reluctant.
I wanted to try it someday, but still.

These days, I don't eat too much of it,
but before, I'd eat ramen 5 days a week. (^^;)
The famous Tokyo store has been bought out,
but the one here is still going.

So then, when I went to the convenience store,
what kind of cup noodles are they selling!!?
I've been holding off on the junk as best I can recently,
but I just bought it on impulse. (^_^)

Ah~ I wanted to eat the genuine article... (*drool*)

Incidentally, the metro area is a super closely contested ramen area,
so any store of a suitable level is probably expensive.
After questions of individual tastes, of course. If it's a popular place, I try to stay away.
Usually, there's a line... The store that I want to eat as so much I'll stand in line doesn't exist yet.
I just really hate lines. (^_^)

Well, I would definitely recommend it to Kyoto residents in my situation. (^^;)
It's 'Masterly.' When I visit my parents, I always go to eat there without fail.
I've been going since I was a teenager. To me, it's as dear as mom's cooking.
If you're sightseeing in the Silver Pavillion neighborhood, definitely check it out. (^_^) **

Ah- maybe it was eating nothing but ramen that got me the 'flab' ...? (bwahahah)
Everyone please be very careful of overeating. (^_^)

P.S. We eagerly await everyone's entries for the photo contest.
I've gotta take a trip, quick...


[ * taishou ken, literally The House of the Crushing Victory, brand ramen. their flagship store is (or was maybe) in Ikebukuro Tokyo.
** The Temple of the Silver Pavillion, a buddhist temple in the sakyo ward of kyoto, and a national treasure.

note: for those of you receiving YOU-kun's BBS emails, the one you got today reminds you that the 3rd photo contest is now officially open, that the theme is Travel, and that your entries must be postmarked between may 25 and june 11. ]

1 comment:

Cat(i) said...

Thank you very much! I received that too on my Yahoo mail, but I don't have the features to read it properly... My Japanese friend couldn't help me either with that message.
Ano, arrigatou gozaimasu, Meredeth-san.